Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
This job will require driving and pick up and delivery to and from various warehouses as well as residential and commercial locations.
Delivery drivers have a constant change of scenery, engage with clients and consumers daily, support appliance installation teams, support the warehouse manager and learn new technology in an environment that supports your success in both your career and life.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Deliver major residential and/or commercial appliances to customer's homes and client locations.
- Prepare, Load and unload appliances and equipment into trucks for delivery and removal.
- Must be able to identify compromised packaging and report to warehouse managers.
- Staying physically active loading and unloading your company truck using a 2-wheeled hand cart for support, ease and safety.
- Provides support to the installation team specifically in regards to ensuring all appliances arrive in good condition.
- Must take special care for any property where deliveries will occur and willing to report pre-existing damage as soon as it is discovered.
- Inspects vehicle pre- and post-trips.
- Monitor the timely maintenance and repair of the delivery vehicle.
- High School degree and some college coursework or an Associates Degree or higher in a business-related field.
- Medical Card or CDL
- Experience driving box trucks
- 2+ years of related experience, or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver license
- Working knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Customer Service experience
- Mechanical skills and willingness to learn
- Basic computer skills and comfortable operating electronic devices
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Actively participate in the team environment that will foster forward thinking, innovation and creativity in order to meet the needs of the company now and in the future.
- Build positive relationships with customers and team members.
- Initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved.